How does sleep impact your health? How much sleep do you need? Here are 5 areas where your health can be impacted from poor sleep:
1. Chronic/Persistent Pain
2. Athletic Performance and Injuries
4. Cardiovascular Disease
- Chronic exposure to insufficient sleep alters processes of pain habituation and sensitization.
- A Critical Review of Neurobiological Factors Involved in the Interactions Between Chronic Pain, Depression, and Sleep Disruption.
- Chronic lack of sleep is associated with increased sports injuries in adolescent athletes.
- In multibillion-dollar business of NBA, sleep is the biggest debt
- Fragmented sleep accelerates tumor growth and progression through recruitment of tumor-associated macrophages and TLR4 signaling
- Daylight savings time and myocardial infarction
- Sleep duration predicts cardiovascular outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective studies
- Sleep Duration and All-Cause Mortality: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Prospective Studies
- Metabolic consequences of sleep and sleep loss
- Quantity and Quality of Sleep and Incidence of Type 2 Diabetes